Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Me? A runner???

Hi all!  So against my better judgement I've decided to RUN a 5K!!  I know right?  Me?  Well, at the very end of April Weight Watchers started a "Walk-It Challenge" to walk a 5K.  There was also an option and plan to run one.  Well, I know I could walk a 5K, so I thought, maybe I could run one!  After thinking about it for a week and talking myself into and out of it, I was feeling good about it so I called my sis-in-law Bri.  She is a fellow Weight Watcher so I was telling her about the challenge.  Before I could stop myself, I told her that I decided to run it.  It kind of just fell out of my mouth!  She was so excited for me I knew I had to do it.  Well, that was about a month ago and my running shoes were still neatly (ok not so neatly) tucked away in my closet. 

Today I woke up and out of the blue decided that today was the day to get started.  So, I got on my running clothes and those damn running shoes, strapped Alexander into our jogging stroller (Thanks Leah and Matthew!!!), filled up my Nalgene bottle and headed out to the beautiful sunshine-filled morning for my very first day of training.  So I started with the 5 minute warm up walk, then ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute 10 times.  Something happened that was totally unexpected...I actually enjoyed it!  Well, let me rephrase...I enjoyed the challenge of doing something I've fought against my whole life.  I've always told myself, "I'm not a runner.  I can't b/c of my 'physic'."  I'm still nervous, but thrilled that I was able to take the first step so to speak!  I'll keep you updated on my progress.  Have a great day!

Love to all...




1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Nice work starting your training for the 5K! You can do it! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete