Monday, July 20, 2009

Tolland State Forest

On Sunday we decided to take a trip up to Tolland State Forest with Barry, Natalie, Tabitha and Lydia for the afternoon. It is a beautiful place in the Berkshire mountains about an hour away from our house. We had a great time and laughed a lot. Here are some pictures from our trip. Enjoy!

Grandma filling up my kiddie pool. And she didn't even fall in!!

Hi Duckie!

I love my Auntie Lydia!

So I manned the grill while the boys were out on the boat. I am quite the grill master!

Ok, so the smoke had it out for me, but I won in the end!

My new funny face!

The launch was a success!

See my new trick?

Aunti Tabba made it safely in the canoe.

Tabitha and Barry out on the canoe.

Lydia and Brad on the "motorized raft." It is not a pontoon boat as Brad made perfectly clear!!!

Gimme that cookie Djadiew!
(That isn't a typo...it's pronounced ja-jew which means Grandpa in polish.)

"C'mon Daddy, Can't we go on the water? See how good I can row?"

Grandma Natalie and Alexander having fun playing on the blanket.

Brad reeling in a fish

What a tired boy! So, at this point the mosquitoes got really bad. His pants were way too short, so I used Brad's socks to cover his legs...notice they go all the way up to his hips!!!

What a great day we had.

4 comments:

  1. Great pics Steph. Glad to see you are using the inflatible. By the way...nice face in the smoke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounded so fun!!! did alex ever go in the pool? i heard he liked the one in md. abby not so much. it was cold!
    can't wait to see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a blast!
    good thinking on the socks! I might have to add that one to my mempry bank!
    XXOO, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day outdoors by the water, what fun! Reminds me of the good old Robert Treman days. Very pretty, looks like a great bonding time for all!

    eileen

    ReplyDelete