Friday, July 31, 2009

WOW! So I just got back from Dallas, TX for our annual Mary Kay Seminar. This year was absolutely AMAZING!!! We had so much fun and the company out-did itself again. Here are some pics so you guys can get an idea of how spectacular it truly is.

Me and my director, Shelley, looking gorgeous! See all of her sashes? She was on stage 4 TIMES!!! It really IS like Miss America!


Two other ladies from Shelley's Unit. Deb (left), me and Jacqueline walking the red carpet.

OK, folks, here's the scoop. There are two staircases on either side of the stage. Shelley is on the left one. They call your name, everyone cheers, and handsome men in white gloves help you down the stairs. I mean, come on!

This is the throne you get to sit on when you are Queen of a Court! The women on either side of the queen are the top 20 in the company.

And yes, you even get a tiara! The woman crowning her is a National Sales Director.

This was a different awards night.

We had some GREAT entertainment. This is Joshua Allen, season 4 winner of So You Think You Can Dance! He was really good.

Anybody hear of a little show called "American Idol?" This is Jasmine from this past season! Three of her sisters are in Mary Kay!

This is the "Friends of Thyme" performing. They are the Mary Kay dance group. They are absolutely phenomenal. This is a baliwood dance number.

They also did Brittney's "Circus" number.

Yes, that is a PINK CADILLAC out on stage!

Shelley doing the cadillac dance in front or 8,000 women! All of the directors who earned one this year got to go on stage and pick up their keys.

This is the Number One director in the ENTIRE country! Her unit did 1.25 million retail last year. Just to give you a frame of reference, Shelley's unit did 350,000.

And finally, this is the ring I will be earning this year when I become a Director. Isn't it gorgeous?


So that is Seminar. It is truly like the Miss America Pagent, the Academy Awards, and a Broadway show all rolled into one. I hope you enjoyed a litte peek into what Seminar is for me. My business is such a huge part of my life and I am so grateful for all of the support I get from my friends and family. Anyone want to join in the fun with me?!?!? I LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like an amazing time, and I am so glad you got some "you" time! Must have been hard to leave the little guy for the first time, been there!!
    Keep the blogging coming! I love seeing pics of sweet little Alex, and I know he must be growing leaps and bounds- crawling, cruisng? He will be keeping you busy, if he's not enough already!
    When are you in Rochester next? I want to hit up the Strong Museum sometime..
    XXOO, Julie

    ReplyDelete