Saturday, July 16, 2011

Little tid-bits

Here are some random tid-bits!

 I never thought I'd want a smart phone...until Brad got one! My phone broke and I needed to get a new one anyway, so I figured I'd go for it. I got it a few weeks ago and I still feel like the stupid thing is "smarter" than I am, but I'm getting there! I downloaded a kids game where animals zoom accross the screen and you have to touch them to collect them. Alexander LOVES it.  Besides it being incredibly addictive it helps with his fine motor skills too!
  I thought this picture was too cute not to take! 
Here are my boys playing on the phones!

We got a bird feeder.  Can you see it outside the door?
Alexander is eating breakfast with the birds.
 He loves to watch them, but he doesn't really get that he as to talk quietly or else they'll fly away yet!


I think you can piece this puzzle together. Let's go over the clues. Nail polish...nail polish aaaaaaall over the bottle...little nail polish covered finger prints right next to the bottle...hmmmmm...if you said, "Alexander got into Steph's nail polish and dumped it all over himself, the floor and his clothes then spread it around like finger paint" then you guessed right!  There I was sitting on our side porch sipping my morning coffee and admiring the sunshine filled morning (and my feshly pedicured toes) and I heard (or thought I heard) Alexander quietly playing in his bedroom. It's a rare occurance but it has been known to happen once or twice before. So I come in and find Alexander NOT in his bedroom, but sitting in the middle of the living room in a puddle of red nail polish. I'm not kidding, it looked like he had red gloves on. His cheeks are covered, legs and arms are covered and it is all over the floor as well. The kicker is, this isn't regular nail polish. I got the new nail shelac that has to cure under a UV light and it's incredibly sticky. (It also costs $15 per bottle.) I had to use 3/4 of a bottle of remover to get it off my screaming 2 year old. Ok, I may have been screaming a little bit too! I was so furious (at him and me for accidentally leaving it out) that I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of him. I did however calm down enough to get a picture of the evidence!

1 comment:

  1. oh dear!! but every kid needs some stories like these right? :)
    thanks for the birthday shout out too! i've been meaning to get ahold of you to say that since last week, but here i am now. love you lots and glad for our fun memories!
    -leah

    ReplyDelete