Saturday, July 9, 2011

Memories and Happy Birthday

Every summer my dad's family would take a summer vacation to the beautiful Ithaca, NY.  We stayed in a cabin at Robert Treman State Park.  (Only the best campground EVER!)  There are zillions of amazing memories as we returned year after year... the incredible waterfall swimming hole, walking the gorges, swinging contests, candy runs to Tops Supermarket (WARHEADS!!!), Leah and I performing the backup vocals to Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" song on the boat, making new friends seconds after we pulled in, writing in the family scrapbook, catching and naming tadpoles (I will never forget you George and Georgina!) and the list could go on and on and on.  One thing I totally forgot about until this week when I had some accidental wax overflow was that Leah and I would burn candles and make these fun wax creations.  We would hold candles over other burning candles and let them drip and swirl into big blobs.  I thought it would be appropriate to post this today in honor of Leah and her birthday! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!!!
Here's to the memories we share and the memories to come...Love ya sis!

2 comments:

  1. great memories steph! thanks for posting and happy birthday leah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, how wonderful of you to remind us all of the lovely memories of days gone bye. You are an awesome sister, daughter, wife, and mother. I am ever so thankful for you, for God giving you to us and our family!

    ReplyDelete