Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Amazing Grace and A Laugh

Amazing Grace:
This past year Brad and I taught a class at our church on Thursday nights.  As a thank you, the church gave all the teachers a little gift to say thanks.  We got a worship CD and this devotional.  I have been reading it and I wanted to share one of the devotions with you.  Isn't it just amazing how God always knows what you need when you need it?  I cried when I read it because of the simple timing of it all.  I read this after an especially difficult session with Alexander's occupational therapist. 

Jesus Calling: Seeking Peace in His Presence [Book]REST WITH ME A WHILE. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days.  The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty.  Look neither behind you nor before you.  Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion.  Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey. 
     I designed time to be a protection for you.  You couldn't bear to see all your life at once.  Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you.  Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence.  The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment.  I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.

Psalm 143:8; Genesis 28:15

A Laugh:
While you contemplate that for a minute I wanted to share a super funny Alexander story!  We were at Danielle's for speech and she has this plastic barn with all sorts of farm animals.  It's pretty fun- it makes sounds, has a big silo with a door, a gate that the animals can go in/out of etc.  It also has a trough with kind of chunky plastic hay (not fine wisps like actual hay) coming out of it.  Alexander was pretending to make a horse eat the hay and Danielle asked him, "What is the horse eating?"  Alexander (without missing a beat) responded, "french fries!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment