Monday, June 27, 2011

"juuuuuust the two of us..."

Last weekend Brad and I traveled sans Alexander to Watkins Glen, NY for my cousin, Nathan's, wedding.  There were "no kids allowed."  A weekend away with no juice boxes, Elmo, or poopy diapers?  I didn't care WHERE it was or how long of a drive it was (5 hours) we were THERE!!!  I kind of forgot what it is like to JUST be a couple and not "Mama" and Da-y" so it was nice to reconnect and have some real time to ourselves.  (And not just the 45 minutes after we put Alexander to bed when we try to have a coherant conversatin in the midst of our exhausted stupor!!!)



Our growing family!  Welcome Jessi!  (Christopher's fiance)

 
The rehearsal dinner was on a cruise boat. It was SO fun! Watkins Glen is right on Seneca Lake and it was so beautiful.


Me and Nanny about to board


"I'm on a boat..."
(shout out to the boat song!)


A quiet moment...


Nate and Cara

Ok, so the rehersal was SO much fun and I was totally pumped for the wedding.  Well, it is a 40+ minute drive from the hotel to the chapel, and we got COMPLETELY lost.  We ended up on the wrong side of the lake.  It was a total nightmare.  It ended up taking us almost 2 hours to get there.  (We kept hoping that Nate got super nervous and passed out of something!  hee hee)  So, when we finally arrived it was just about over.  We saw the communion (where I got to ask forgiveness for all of the explitives I said in my head on the way) the "I now pronounce you man and wife" part and the recession.  Oh well.  What we did see was beautiful though!

Right after the wedding
(She's really not THAT much taller than he is, she's standing on a stair!)
We wish you lot's of joy and happiness Nate and Cara!

No comments:

Post a Comment